At Pre – School we are committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage. Forest School plays an important part in this.
Children have the opportunity to experience Forest School once a week, at our own woodland which is only a fifteen minute walk away, where they will be encouraged and supported to:
- Explore the natural environment, using all their senses.
- Take risks in a hazard free environment.
- Experience individualized learning which reflects children’s interests, learning styles and schemas.
- Develop positive attitudes and self-esteem.
- Become more independent and confident.
Activities will include a range of exploring, looking, building, collecting, making things and using tools. We work together as a group and individually, learning whilst having fun!
At Forest school we provide waterproofs, refreshments, snacks and a wonderful woodland for all to enjoy. We ask you bring your child in long sleeved tops, trousers and suitable enclosed shoes/wellies.
We have a Forest School wall display in the cloakroom to show what we have been doing in previous sessions and to hopefully encourage some parents to join us! We also use our Forest school portfolio, made with the children, to share with our parents.
Forest school has been delivered at Crowmarsh Pre-school since 2013 on land kindly donated by Owen and Emery charity.